- On July 6, 2009
- In Recent Events
The Royal International Air Tattoo, Fairford 18th – 19th July
This year’s Royal International Air Tattoo is sure to bring hours of death-defying displays to crowds across Gloucestershire and beyond. Over 200,000 flying fans are due to meet for the world’s largest military air show between 18th and 19th July at RAF Fairford.
Over 300 aircraft participate in this annual event from fast jets to giant transporters, helicopters, historic aircraft and plenty more besides. Highlights include the Red Arrows, Spitfire, Vulcan and at least one Tornado. A full list of the aircraft taking part in this year’s spectacular can be viewed at the Royal Air Tattoo Website.
First class entertainment including the critically acclaimed [email protected], an interactive showcase especially designed for children, flight simulators, cars, shopping malls and a fairground all help this spectacular event gain its well earned reputation as one of the UK’s top outdoor family events. Add to this the rousing outdoor evening concert to finish off the day and the event offers unbeatable value for money.
General admission tickets are £34.95, with under 16s free. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Visit the Royal International Air Tattoo website to purchase tickets and for more information.
We have four properties close by to RAF Fairford:
- Meadow House in Cerney Wick (Sleeps 4)
- Wishbone Cottage in Fairford (Sleeps 4 +1)
- Isis Cottage in Somerford Keynes (Sleeps 4)
- Lodge 4 in the Cotswold Water Park, South Cerney (Sleeps 8)
Click here for details of all our Cotswold Cottages
More on The Royal International Air Tattoo
- Flightline UK – UK Airshow News Â» Blog Archive Â» Air Tattoo sold … – Tickets for the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford on Saturday have completely sold out for the first time in the event’s history. However, organisers have said some tickets still remain for Sunday’s airshow. …
- Astonishing Extreme Aerobatics – No Room for Error – Aerobatics is the demonstration of extreme and daring flying maneuvers for training, sport, recreation or entertainment which requires extraordinary skill and highly extensive training. Aerobatics_Frecce_Tricolori …
- Royal International Air Tattoo 2009 | AVIATION-NEWS – A sell-out crowd, in excess of 160000, enjoyed a thrilling weekend of flying at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire. Fine.
- Royal International Air Tattoo 2009 | The Best Bits – I was hoping to take my kids to the Royal International Air Tattoo last year, but it was rained off for the first time in it’s history, so we we’re pretty determined to make it this year, and it was well worth it! …