Traditionally known as the ‘Gateway to the Cotswolds’, Burford is a beautiful town within the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. Its High Street is on a slope, from where you can see beautiful views across the Cotswolds down to the Windrush valley.
The main street is lined with ancient cottages and shops that have changed little since the Tudor times winding down to the medieval bridge over the River Windrush. A footpath westwards from this bridge takes you on a pleasant walk along the river where you can appreciate the beauty of rural Oxfordshire.
Wonderful little side streets, traditional pubs, tea rooms and antique shops aplenty make Burford a superb place to explore. And for the kids, the Cotswold Wildlife Park is only 2 miles outside.
Cotswold cottages we have close to Burford:
- Owl Barn in Chimney, near Bampton (Sleeps 10 (+2)) and welcomes dogs
- Snipe Barn in Chimney, near Bampton (Sleep 9 (+2)) and welcomes dogs
- Rose Barn in Chimney, near Bampton (Sleeps 7)
- Cleeveley Cottage near Burford sleeps (4 (+2))
- Betty’s Cottage in Taynton near Burford (Sleeps 4) and welcomes dogs
- Bay Tree Cottage in Shipton Under Wychwood (Sleeps 2)